I started another vessel, this time by using a balloon as resist. I started with a layer of dyed silk cap then added 4 more layers, black, purple, green and blue. I put 3 resists between purple and green, just shapes cut from a shopping bag and then covered it with 2 old panty hoses and put it in the washing maschine. I did several 15 minute cycles on 40 degrees and in the end it was so firm felted, that it was hard to get the panty hoses off
I was surprised how easy it was to find the plastic inlays and with a deep breath I cut them open.
Then I worked a bit on the open cuts, they wool was still very soft there, and finally I decided to put it in the washing machine again for another 40 degree 15 minute cycle. The result is quite nice
I planned originally to cut a pattern in, thats why I used the different coloured layers. Now I am not so sure about it anymore. I don't want to overdo it. I had made some yellow and dark purple felt beads to add to the open bits, but I will leave them out now. Not sure about adding some small sead beads. I think I try it out tomorrow. I can always take them off again, if I don't like it.