Sunday 28 September 2014

Daylight savings

have started last night. It was a very sleepless night, I was listening to my Baroque channel on Pandora  since about 2 am and finally got now up to have a fresh coffee.
Lot of things have happened the last time. First Alex was almost to be taken off the waiting list for hip replacement surgery and then suddenly they rang to tell that his operation will be on 9th of October. Now we are in a rush to prepare everything and he has to be very careful not to catch any infection otherwise they will send him home again.
I am also working for the Art Trail of course and in the middle of all the news came that my oldest daughter is moving to Australia with her family end of the year. She had such a good job offer that she couldn't say no. Well I am sad to see them go, but life carries on.
Between rain and storms we had also some really lovely days. We went with the dog to Roland's Wood in Kerikeri, where dogs can run free. It is so lovely there right now with lots of flowers, a true memory of European spring:








\



I made 2 felted flower paintings



The first one is on a dark background and the second one is on white. That makes it more blurry, a little bit impressionist style. I think I leave that one how it is but will stitch on the other one, just to see what difference it makes.

And I made more flower brooches


The red poppies have in the meantime nice poppy centers and for the others I have not decided yet, what to do.
So better get started now and sew the pins on.

No comments:

Post a Comment