Tuesday 8 May 2012

raining

Its raining today, heavy rain is expected. I am supposed to go to the Felters of the North meeting to Whangarei, that will be a horrible drive. I'd rather not going but I haven't been since October and I have to take fabric Lindsay asked to do. And I don't want the others to think, I am not coming anymore since I had the big commission.
I'd rather not going away for the winter too, even I so want to see my son. But it is always such a hassle. We were happy not to need house sitters this year, but now it has suddenly changed and we need to prepare the house for a family with a 3 year old in less than 3 weeks. I have no idea how to manage this, where to put all my things, the loom, the spinning wheel, the knitting machines and all the boxes of wool, then the painting gear and so on. The house sitters are richer people than us and they are used to a better lifestyle, but they want to have time to look for a house to buy here in Kerikeri, fair enough. At least we don't need to worry about not paid powerbills this time, as he is a new employee of friends. And we don't need to be a burden to the kids, that's probably the main reason.
It's probably just me. I cannot handle this and it is all too much at the moment, I feel that my art/craft work is not welcome,  I should just do proper house work and watch tv and not mess up the house with all this unnecessary things which nobody wants beside of me. Its all too much, the money worries, the organizing of the trip, well the whole life probably. But what does a good women do instead of running away. Just carry on somehow.
So I will organize my felting gear now and hop in the car and drive to the meeting. On the way home I will do the shopping to have the right food for Storm tomorrow,I need bread and milk at least, and back home cleaning and so on, not to forget to book finally the flight to Auckland to catch the plane to Germany on the 30th, $133 each bug....
Enough complaining for now, need to get dressed and organized....

No comments:

Post a Comment